Pediatric Disaster Response and Emergency Preparedness Course, June 16 & 17, 2017
This announcement has 2 attachments:
PEDIATRIC DISASTER RESPONSE AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
The Montana EMS for Children (EMSC) and Child Ready MT will host the new 16-hour course developed by the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service and the National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center (TEEX.)
DATE: June 16-17, 2017 in Missoula MT (Course #: MGT439)
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course prepares students to effectively, appropriately, and safely plan for and respond to a disaster incident involving children. The course addresses the specific needs of pediatric patients in the event of a community-based incident. This is not a hands-on technical course, but instead a management resource course for stakeholders like pediatric physicians, emergency managers, emergency planners, and members of public emergency departments like EMS, Fire, Police, Public Health, and Hospitals in the field of disaster response and preparedness work.
PREREQUISITE: None. However, familiarity with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS) via completion of study courses IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800 (or equivalents) is recommended.
- . Introduction to Pediatric Response
- . Emergency Management (EM) Considerations
- . Implications for Planning and Response
- . Functional Access Needs Considerations
- . Mass Sheltering
- . Pediatric Triage
- . Allocation of Scarce Resources
- . Pediatric Reunification Considerations
- . Pediatric Decontamination Considerations
- . Community and Hospital-based Emergency Managers
- . EMS Personnel
- . Hospital Administration and Emergency Room Personnel
- . Public Safety/ Public Health Personnel
- . School Administrators
- . MRC Personnel
- . Private Sector
- . Law Enforcement
- . Disaster Response/ Relief Personnel
- . County, State, and Federal personnel who respond to a local jurisdiction disaster event
REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO 80 PARTICIPANTS. REGISTER NOW TO SAVE YOUR PLACE!
Registration form is located at: http://dphhs.mt.gov/publichealth/EMSTS/calendar.aspx
Submit the completed Registration Form to:
Robin Suzor, MT EMSC Program Manager
PO Box 202951,
Helena MT 59620,
Or by fax to (406) 444-1814 Attn: Robin Suzor;
Or electronically to email@example.com.
If registrant is not a United States Citizen, the submission of a Foreign National Access Visitor Form will be necessary at least 100 days before the course start date.