Nursing Instructors - Vocational Nursing
Unitek Learning Website
Full Time, Part Time
No recruiters please
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct students and develop coursework for the assigned classes.
- Make continuous efforts to improve quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing different and innovative methodologies / techniques in teaching.
- Assist with reviewing and revising syllabi and instructional guidelines.
- Regularly evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving curriculum and course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Assist with strategic planning and assessment of instructional initiatives to ensure quality of program.
- Maintain student records of attendance, grades, and skills check-off forms and assist with program data collection.
- Teach lectures and clinical rotations (clinical rotations can be days, and/or evenings, on week days and/or weekends).
- Provide access to students for ongoing communication through scheduling of office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Participate in professional development; maintain CE hours to ensure renewed licensure, and stay current with college updates.
- Commitment to teaching and working with a multicultural and multigenerational student body.
- Act as liaison between clinical facilities, community partners and the college
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse with current licensure in California (or ability to get a California license)
- Associates Degree with a California Teaching Credential (or willingness to obtain such credential prior to employment as an Instructor), or
- BSN or MSN degree (no California Teaching Credential required)
- At least 3 years of direct patient care, 2 of which are within the last five years
- Able to meet the faculty requirements set by California's Board of Vocational Nursing
- Current immunizations and Basic Life Support Certification
- Experience which demonstrates: Current knowledge of nursing practice; ability to mentor students in classroom, lab and clinical settings.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
The Montana Association of School Nurses has no control over the quality, legality or accuracy of job postings, and we make no representations about any jobs listed on our site. We advise and recommend that all visitors use good judgment when searching or applying for jobs and that you report abuse to Nursing Network.
Be the first to see new jobs near Northern CA, USA!
Enter your email address below to receive new jobs when they are posted.No thanks